Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter





Today is Easter, and as I reflect on the real reason for this holiday, I thank God for His greatest sacrifice!  Had he not given his only son so that he could die for all of our sins we might not be here today.  I am eternally grateful for His gift to us, and would have loved to have been there when Jesus rose again!  What a sight that must have been!  

I have posted a few pictures from today's events.  All of the neighbors on our street got together to have an egg hunt in all of our front yards.  It turned out really good and the weather was beautiful!  After the kids hunted all of the eggs, we stayed and hung out in the neighbor's front yard for the rest of the afternoon.  The kids ended up missing their nap, but had a blast!  That meant early bedtime tonight, which is always good for me.  :)  

Tonight we also went to visit Ellen in the hospital and wish her a happy Easter.  Her back seems to be healing well, and hopefully she will be released within a month or so (maybe that is just my wishful thinking).  

No comments:

Post a Comment