Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blessings in Disguise

The day before New Years Eve, January 30, 2008, Russ was laid off from his job as a builder for Meritage Homes.  It was quite  a shock that his name was on that list, but many other really good builders were also laid off that day.  Although this situation has the potential for lots of worry and anxiety, I thank God that I am able to sleep peacefully each night knowing that he has a bigger and better plan for us.  2008 was quite a year for us.  For those that don't already know, we sold our first house last December 2007 and moved in with my dad, while we built a custom house in Liberty Hill.  We moved into our new house in April, however 2 months into living there we decided to put it on the market to sell.  That is a whole story in itself, but lets just say we had until February 2009 to get it sold or we could potentially have a forclosure on our hands.  :(  We were blessed tremendously by God that we were able to sell it within 4 months of it being on the market in this economy!  And we were able to make a pretty good profit and get ourselves 100% completely out of debt!  Hallelujah!!  We found a rental house in Round Rock and moved in right before Halloween.  So needless to say, this past year has been a fun roller coaster ride.  I know for myself, I have really learned to let go and let God do his thing.  All of this has also brought me to a closer relationship with God, so in my eyes, this year was our most blessed year EVER!!  And I know this one small setback won't really be a setback, and that it will just be one more blessing in disguise!  I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment